by Lee Abraham
As a Bragging Buddy it’s your job to help a prospect like, trust and want to do business with your Power Team. And in turn, it’s your Power Team partners’ job to be your Bragging Buddy.
Bragging Buddies don’t just magically appear. Successfully creating an ongoing stream of high quality referrals is the result of learning about each other as a person, as well as a business, and systematically implementing proactive referral creation activities that work.
Regardless of the system or strategy, the driving force in any referral relationship is the relationship itself. With Bragging Buddies, the relationship must go beyond a solid foundation of someone you like, trust and whose product or service you feel good about promoting, to whether or not your networking partner is teachable and ultimately going to proactively and systematically reciprocate your referral creation activities.
All of these elements are deal breakers. Miss one and your results will suffer.
5 Deal Breakers
Being teachable and accountable for reciprocating your referral creation activity expands the scope of a Bragging Buddy relationship beyond typical expectations of a networking partner.
Your results depend on choosing the right person before investing your time and energy into building a Bragging Buddy relationship. To simplify the process of reviewing whether or not to approach a potential Bragging Buddy, ask yourself the following 5 questions.
- Like? Do I like this person and enjoy being around them?
- Trust? Do I trust this person and believe they will make me look good in the eyes of the consumer?
- Consumer Value? Do I believe this person’s product or service delivers a good value to the consumer?
- Teachable? Is this person teachable and interested in learning new tools and systems to take the guesswork out of referrals?
- Reciprocate? Will this person be accountable to reciprocate my efforts and take action by following a structured word-of-mouth referral system to proactively promote my business?
All answers must be “yes” before you can reasonably expect to maximize your Bragging Buddy success and Power Team networking!